Home » Posts tagged 'Transmetallation'
Tag Archives: Transmetallation
- Study finds GBCAs induce Mitochondrial Toxicity and Cell Death
- Article says that Gadolinium-Based Contrast Agents should be used with extreme caution
- New White Paper about Health Risks of MRI Contrast Agents
- Gadolinium found in gliomas and adjacent normal brain tissue
- Pilot study reports elevated gadolinium levels 30 days after MRIs with contrast
GBCAs can be divided into two categories based on their molecular structure. Linear and Macrocyclic GBCAs have different properties that may contribute to their propensity to dechelate at some time after administration. This very short video explains the difference between linear and macrocyclic GBCAs and it hits on transmetallation too. (more…)