Home » Posts tagged 'Heavy Metal Toxicity'
Tag Archives: Heavy Metal Toxicity
- FDA makes change to GBCA Medication Guide requirement
- Head Pain is a diagnostic feature of Gadolinium Deposition Disease
- Clinical Criteria for Gadolinium Deposition Disease has been revised
- Revised GBCA Product Labeling with Medication Guide is now available for all agents
- Preliminary report on DTPA chelation therapy to treat patients with Gadolinium Deposition Disease
For a long time after my last dose of contrast, I experienced an unusual vibrating or buzzing sensation in parts of my body. It was much worse in my legs. Thankfully the vibrating or buzzing doesn’t happen as often now, but I continue to experience tingling in my lower legs.
Many members of our MRI-Gadolinium-Toxicity support group have mentioned similar funny feelings in their legs. What follows is for everyone who has had that inner vibrating or electric-like sensation that is really difficult to explain. (more…)
When we conducted our Symptom Survey early in 2014, the one chronic symptom that everyone reported was “Pain”. Some identified it as being an ache with dull, continuous pain, while others described it as burning, numbness, tingling, or prickling sensations (paresthesia), or as deep bone pain, or electric-like feelings. The location of the pain was primarily in the extremities, followed by the hips, joints, and ribs.
From my own experience, I can tell you that I always have some level of pain even with taking prescription medication. While stronger medications might make me feel pain free, I prefer to live with a tolerable level of pain rather than feel over-medicated.
From what I have read, it seems that most of our pain is the result of damage to our nervous system. (more…)